Krabi Beach – Thailand Vacation
Krabi is a coastal province in southern Thailand that is known for its stunning beaches and islands. Some of the most popular and beautiful beaches in Krabi include:
- Railay Beach: This beach is only accessible by boat, which helps to keep it peaceful and pristine. It’s surrounded by limestone cliffs and crystal-clear waters, making it a popular spot for rock climbing, kayaking, and snorkeling.
- Ao Nang Beach: This is one of the most popular beaches in Krabi, thanks to its white sand, clear water, and proximity to shops and restaurants. It’s a great place to relax, swim, or try your hand at water sports.
- Koh Poda Beach: This small island is a short boat ride from the mainland and is known for its stunning beach and clear water. It’s a popular spot for snorkeling and swimming.
- Tubkaek Beach: This long, quiet beach is perfect for those looking for a peaceful and secluded spot to relax. It’s known for its calm waters and beautiful sunsets.
- Klong Muang Beach: This beach is located about 25 minutes from Ao Nang and is known for its calm water and beautiful views of the surrounding islands. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
Overall, Krabi is a fantastic destination for beach lovers, with plenty of beautiful and diverse options to choose from.
Krabi is a coastal province in southern Thailand that is accessible by a variety of transportation options. Here are some ways to get to Krabi:
- By Air: The most convenient way to get to Krabi is by air. Krabi International Airport (KBV) is served by several domestic and international airlines, with frequent flights to and from Bangkok, Phuket, and other major cities in Thailand and neighboring countries.
- By Bus: Krabi can be reached by bus from several major cities in Thailand, including Bangkok, Phuket, and Surat Thani. Buses are often the cheapest option but may take longer than flying.
- By Train: There is no train station in Krabi, but the nearest train station is in Surat Thani, which is about 150 km away. From there, you can take a bus or a taxi to Krabi.
- By Ferry: Krabi can also be reached by ferry from several neighboring islands, including Koh Phi Phi, Koh Lanta, and Phuket.
Once you arrive in Krabi, you can get around by public transportation, taxis, or by renting a car, scooter or motorbike. The most convenient option for getting around will depend on where you want to go and how much you’re willing to spend.
Where To Stay
The cost of traveling to Krabi, Thailand will vary depending on a number of factors, such as your mode of transportation, accommodation, food, and activities. Here are some estimated costs to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Flight: The cost of a flight to Krabi will depend on where you are departing from, but flights from Bangkok typically start at around 1,500-2,000 THB (50-65 USD) one way, while international flights may vary depending on your location.
- Accommodation: The cost of accommodation in Krabi will vary depending on your budget and preferences. Budget options such as hostels and guesthouses can cost around 300-800 THB (10-26 USD) per night, while mid-range hotels and resorts can range from 1,000-3,000 THB (32-97 USD) per night. High-end resorts and villas can cost upwards of 5,000 THB (162 USD) per night.
- Food: Thai food is generally affordable, with street food and local restaurants offering meals for as little as 30-50 THB (1-2 USD) per dish. Mid-range and higher-end restaurants will cost more, with prices ranging from 100-500 THB (3-16 USD) per dish.
- Activities: Krabi offers a range of activities, including island hopping, rock climbing, snorkeling, and more. Prices for these activities vary, but a full-day island hopping tour can cost around 1,000-1,500 THB (32-49 USD) per person.
Cheap flights to Krabi
Overall, you can expect to spend around 2,000-3,000 THB (65-97 USD) per day on basic expenses such as accommodation, food, and transportation. However, your total cost will depend on your travel style and what activities you choose to do.
Krabi is a beautiful destination with plenty of things to see and do. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your trip to Krabi:
- Plan ahead: Research the area and plan out your itinerary ahead of time. There are so many things to see and do in Krabi, so it’s helpful to have a rough plan of what you want to see and do before you arrive.
- Pack appropriately: Krabi is a tropical destination, so be sure to pack light, breathable clothing, sunscreen, insect repellent, and comfortable shoes. If you plan on doing outdoor activities, bring appropriate gear such as hiking shoes, a swimsuit, and snorkeling gear.
- Stay hydrated: Thailand can be hot and humid, so be sure to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Bring a reusable water bottle and refill it as needed.
- Respect the culture: Thailand has a rich culture and tradition, so it’s important to be respectful of local customs and beliefs. Be mindful of dress codes when visiting temples or religious sites, and avoid touching or pointing with your feet.
- Be mindful of scams: Like any tourist destination, there may be scams targeting travelers in Krabi. Be cautious of offers that seem too good to be true, and always confirm prices and details before agreeing to anything.
- Try the local food: Thai cuisine is delicious and diverse, so be sure to try as much local food as you can. Street food is a great way to try new dishes, and many restaurants serve excellent Thai cuisine.
- Take precautions for safety: Krabi is generally a safe destination, but it’s important to take precautions to keep yourself safe. Avoid walking alone late at night, keep your valuables secure, and be cautious when engaging with strangers.
By following these tips, you can have a safe and enjoyable trip to Krabi.